Upcoming Conferences, Seminars, and Webinars
ALAMA 2022-ALN2gg Linear Algebra, Matrix Analysis and Applications.
University of Alcalá. Alcalá de Henares (Madrid), Spain.
June, 1-3, 2022.
Householder Symposium XXI (HHXXI). Hotel Sierra Silvana, Selva di Fasano (Br), Italy.
June, 12-17, 2022.
I contribute to organizing the numerical analysis seminars
with Leonardo Robol
Where in the world?
|| The tokens mark the locations of the conferences and seminars.
Past Seminars and Webinars
- January 19, 2022 "PSCToolkit: pushing linear algebra towards the exascale". Numerical Analysis Seminar, Lunds Universitet, Matematikcentrum. Sweden.
- February 24, 2021 "Tutorial on PSBLAS and AMG4PSBLAS for solving sparse linear systems on parallel hybrid architectures" - Exa2Pro EoCoE joint workshop.
- December 10, 2020 "(Sparse) Linear Algebra at the Extreme Scales", Giornata Giovani IAC-CNR.
- December 1, 2020 "(Sparse) Linear Algebra at the Extreme Scales", numPI Seminars 2020-2021.
- January 20, 2020 "PSBLAS 3.6 - Sparse Matrices Computation & Iterative Solvers for HPC", webinar for the EoCoE-II project.
- February 18, 2019 "The Krylov-Jacobi method: functions of matrices for fractional partial differential equations" at Pisa University (Italy).
- October 15, 2018 "Fast and Reliable Solution of Fractional PDE Constrained Optimization Problems" at Lund University (Sweden).
- September 17, 2018 Rome-Moscow school of Matrix Methods and Applied Linear Algebra 2018, July 28-August 11 (Moscow), September 9-23 (Rome)
Seminar:: "A Numerical Linear Algebra Perspective on Fractional Differential Equations" as part of the course "Iterative Methods and Preconditioning for Large and Sparse Linear Systems with Applications".
- February 14, 2018 "Preconditioning Techniques for Some Large Localized or
Structured Linear Systems with Application to Discrete Fractional Calculus" at Università di Pisa (Italy).
Due Giorni di Algebra Lineare Numerica e Applicazioni.
Federico II Congress Center, via Partenope, Naples, Italy. February 14-15, 2022.
Talk: AMG Preconditoners based on parallel hybrid coarsening exploiting multi-objective graph matching.0
EoCoE consortium meeting.
Barcelona Supercomputing Center Online,
December 15, 16 & 17, 2021.
Talk: Scalability Results for the Solution of the Richards Equation as in ParFlow.
Numerical Methods and Scientific Computing. CIRM Luminy, November 8-12, 2021.
Poster: Solving Richards equation: theoretical challenges and parallel
Bi-annual congress of the Italian Society of Applied and Industrial Mathematics
(SIMAI). August 30 to September 3, 2021. Parma, Italy.
Participant in the minisymposium New trends and applications of fractional
Talk: "Nonlocal Random Walks on Complex Networks".
- I'm organizing the INdAM Workshop on
Fractional Differential Equations: Modeling, Discretization,
and Numerical Solvers. July 12-14, 2021. Rome.
Talk: "Mittag-Leffler functions and their applications in network science."
The Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing (PASC20) Conference
Postponed to 2021: July 5-8, 2021,
the University of Geneva (Uni Mail), in Geneva, Switzerland.. Online.
Minisymposium organizer: "Scalable Solvers for Energy Oriented Scientific
Challenges", together with Vincent Darrigrand, Alfredo Buttari.
- June 21--24, 2021-
SIAM Conference on Mathematical & Computational Issues in the Geosciences (GS21)
Milan, Italy. Online.
"High-Performance modeling of renewable energy production: facing
the exascale challenge", together with P. D'Ambra, S. Filippone, S. Kollet.
Talk: Solving Richards Equations for Extreme Scale Applications in Hydrology
- May 17--21, 2021.
SIAM Conference on Applied Linear Algebra (LA21).
New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center, New Orleans,
Louisiana, U.S. Online.
"Hybrid Preconditioning Richards Equation for Variably Saturated Flow"
- February 11-13, 2020 Convegno e Assemblea Gruppo Nazionale Calcolo Scientifico 2020 GNCS-INdAM. Hotel Belvedere, Montecatini Terme (Italy).
Talk: "Convergenza e scalabilità di un metodo multigrid algebrico con aggregazione basata sul matching di grafo:
analisi teorica e aspetti computazionali in ambienti HPC"
- October 7-11, 2019 School on "Mathematical and Computational Aspects of Machine Learning". Centro di Ricerca Matematica Ennio De Giorgi, Pisa (PI), Italy.
- September 30-October 4, 2019 European Numerical Mathematics and
Advanced Applications Conference 2019 (ENUMATH2019), Egmond aan Zee, The Netherlands.
Talk: "Spectral Analysis of Saddle-point Matrices from Optimal Control PDE Problems"
- September 12-13, 2019 EoCoE-II Face2Face Meeting. ULB Campus du Solbosch, Bruxelles.
- July 15-19, 2019 International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM2019), Valencia, Spain.Minisymposium: organizer of the minisymposium "Advances in Fractional Differential Equations: Discretization Methods and Efficient Solvers", together with M. Mazza.
Talk: "A Numerical Perspective on Fractional Differential Equations".
- February 18-19, 2019 Due giorni di Algebra Lineare Numerica, Sapienza Università di Roma.
Talk: "Some fast algorithms for the large structured linear systems of FPDEs"
- October 10-18, 2018 GAMM activity group on applied and numerical linear algebra workshop, Lund, Sweden.
Talk: "Limited memory block preconditioners for fast solution of FPDEs".
- July 2-6, 2018 Congresso Nazionale SIMAI 2018, Roma, Italy
Talk: "Fast and reliable solution of fractional PDE constrained optimization problems"
- June 12-15, 2018 10th Workshop SDS2018, Structural Dynamical Systems: Computational Aspects, Porto Giardino Resort, Capitolo (Monopoli) – Bari, Italy
Talk: "Limited memory block preconditioners for fast solution of FPDEs"
- May 16-18, 2018 Calcolo Scientifico e Modelli Matematici: alla ricerca delle cose nascoste attraverso le cose manifeste 2.0, Como, Italy
Poster: "Efficient Solution of Time-Fractional Differential Equations with a New Adaptive Multi-Term Discretization of the Generalized Caputo–Dzherbashyan Derivative".
- May, 4-8, 2018 SIAM conference on Applied Linear Algebra, Hong Kong.
Talk: "Limited memory block preconditioners for fast solution of time-dependent fractional PDEs".
- February, 7-8, 2018 Due giorni di Algebra Lineare Numerica e Applicazioni. Padua, Italy.
Talk: "Fast Solution of Time-Dependent Fractional PDEs: Sparse and Limited Memory Block Preconditioners"
- January, 22-26, 2018 DREAMS: Design of Reliable, Exact, and Application-oriented techniques for geometric Modeling and numerical Simulation. Rome, Istituto Nazionale di Alta Matematica (INdAM) Italy.
- October 16-17, 2017 Quantitative Systems: Theory and Applications (QuaSy 2017). Como, Italy.
- September 4-8, 2017 INdAM Meeting
Structured Matrices in Numerical Linear Algebra:
Analysis, Algorithms and Applications
Cortona, Italy. Posters:
- "Fractional PDEs Constrained Optimization: An optimize-then-discretize approach with L-BFGS and Approximate Inverse Preconditioning,"
- "Fast Solution of Fractional Differential Equation."
- July 3-7, 2017 Splines and PDEs: Recent Advances from Approximation Theory to Structured Numerical Linear Algebra. CIME-EMS Summer School in applied mathematics. Partecipation with CIME full grant.
- June 19-23, 2017 Numerical methods for optimal control problems: algorithms, analysis and applications, Rome, Istituto Nazionale di Alta Matematica - INdAM.
Talk: "Fractional PDEs Constrained Optimization: An optimize-then-discretize approach with L-BFGS and Approximate Inverse Preconditioning"
- May 22-25, 2017 Frontiers in Partial Differential Equations Analysis and Solvers
Summer school. Partecipation supported by the Department of Mathematics F. Casorati (Pavia) and by Fondazione Alma Mater Ticinenis.
- August 20 - September 18, 2016 Rome-Moscow school of Matrix Methods and Applied Linear Algebra 2016.
- February 16-17, 2016 Due Giorni di Algebra Lineare Numerica , Como (CO), Italy.
Talk: "Solving mixed classical and fractional partial differential equations Short-memory principle and approximate inverses".
- June 14-17, 2016 9th Workshop SDS2016 - Structural Dynamical Systems: Computational Aspects: Capitolo, Monopoli, Italy.
Poster: "Solving mixed classical and fractional partial differential equations Short-memory principle and approximate inverses".
- September 17-18, 2015 Innovation & Growth, a process entangling public and private sectors: Auditorium Spazio Como - Como IT.
- July 8-10, 2015 13th EUROPT Workshop on Advances in Continuous Optimization: Edinburgh.
Talk:"The update of sequences of some incomplete decompositions matrices for preconditioning".
- June 22-26, 2015 Exploiting Hidden Structure in Matrix Computations. Algorithms and Applications. CIME-EMS Summer School in applied mathematics. Partecipation with CIME Full Grant.
- January 10-12, 2015 17th International Conference on Mathematical Methods, Comptutational Techniques and Intelligent Systems (MAMECTIS '15) - Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain.
Talk: "Interpolant update of preconditioners for sequences of large linear systems".